Interested in learning how to deliver security for embedded and Internet of Things (IoT) devices? Register now for the Montreal ARM / KEIL user group meeting for the chance to learn about ARM TrustZone technology for the ARMv8-M architecture.
IoT-enabled devices have brought extraordinary innovation to many industries. As the amount of valuable information being shared on connected devices grows, so too does the need to protect devices from security threats. Last year, ARM extended ARM TrustZone technology to microcontrollers with the launch of the ARMv8-M architecture, enabling software developers to leverage TrustZone’s “secure world” to separate sensitive data from the central operating system and apps.
ARM TrustZone technology for the v8-M architecture will be a key focus of the Montreal ARM / KEIL user group taking place October 12, 2016. Organized by KEIL tool distributor JORAL Technologies, and hosted by Hardent, this free event aims to bring together embedded developers to network and learn about the latest ARM technology.
Here’s a look at what’s on the agenda.
09:00-09:30 What’s New with KEIL and ARM Tools in 2016
Speaker: Robert Campbell, JORAL Technologies
- Overview of new products and features of KEIL and ARM development tools.
09:30-10:30 ARM TrustZone Technology: Essential Security Technology in Next-Generation Cortex-M Processors
Speaker: Shaun Purvis, Hardent
- Introduction to TrustZone technology in the ARMv8-M architecture
- Writing Cortex-M software with TrustZone technology
- Live demonstration: security state transitions
10:45-11:00 Coffee Break
- Light refreshments will be provided
11:00-12:00 Maximizing Portability and Productivity with CMSIS Software Packs
Speaker: Shaun Purvis, Hardent
- Introduction to the Cortex Microcontroller Software Interface Standard (CMSIS)
- Writing applications with CMSIS
- Using the KEIL MDK tool to integrate CMSIS into embedded projects
- Live demonstration: CMSIS using an STM32 F7 discovery board
Where: Hardent, 450 rue Saint-Pierre, Suite 300, Montreal, QC H2Y 2M9
When: October 12, 2016 – 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Reasons to Attend
We know that it can sometimes be hard to get time away from work. This user group is designed to help attendees make the most of their time away from their projects by providing technical information that can be used to maximize productivity back in the office.
Here are some of the key reasons to attend:
- Expand your knowledge of ARM TrustZone technology in the ARMv8-M architecture, CMSIS Software Packs, and the latest KEIL tools.
- Learn from ARM accredited engineer and trainer Shaun Purvis. Shaun is a regular speaker at technical seminars and conferences, including ARM TechCon.
- Network with other software developers tackling specific challenges similar to your own.
- …. And get free coffee and snacks!
Register now for the Montreal ARM / KEIL user group — spaces are limited!
Can’t make it to the event, but interested in finding out more about how ARM TrustZone technology can be used to secure embedded and IoT devices? Contact us for more information.