2-day DSP design training course giving you the tools you need to start developing DSP designs.
Explore the Model Composer and System Generator tool and gain the expertise needed to develop advanced, low-cost DSP designs.
This course focuses on:
This course focuses on:
- Implementing DSP functions using System Generator for DSP
- Utilizing design implementation tools
- Verifying through hardware co-simulation
Release dateDecember 2015
Training duration2 days
PriceUSD 1600 or 16 Training Credits
Course Part NumberDSP-SYSGEN
Who Should Attend?System engineers, system designers, logic designers, and experienced hardware engineers who are implementing DSP algorithms using the MathWorks MATLAB and Simulink software and want to use Xilinx System Generator for DSP design
- Experience with the MATLAB and Simulink software
- Basic understanding of sampling theory
- Vivado® Design Suite System Edition 2020.2
- Model Composer and System Generator
- Vitis HLS tool 2020.2
- Vitis unified software platform 2020.2
- MATLAB with Simulink software R2020b
- Architecture: 7 series and UltraScale™ FPGAs
- Demo board: Kintex® UltraScale™ FPGA KCU105 board and Zynq® UltraScale+™ MPSoC ZCU104 board*
Skills gainedAfter completing this comprehensive training, you will have the necessary skills to:
- Describe the System Generator design flow for implementing DSP functions
- Identify Xilinx FPGA capabilities and implement a design from algorithm concept to hardware simulation
- List various low-level and high-level functional blocks available in System Generator
- Run hardware co-simulation
- Identify the high-level blocks available for FIR and FFT designs
- Implement multi-rate systems in System Generator
- Integrate System Generator models into the Vivado IDE
- Design a processor-controllable interface using System Generator for DSP
- Generate IPs from C-based design sources using the Vitis HLS tool for use in the System Generator environment
- Create and simulate designs using Model Composer
- Introduction to System Generator
- Simulink Software Basics
- Lab 1: Using the Simulink Software
- Basic Xilinx Design Capture
- Demo: System Generator Gateway Blocks
- Lab 2: Getting Started with Xilinx System Generator
- Signal Routing
- Lab 3: Signal Routing
- Implementing System Control
- Lab 4: Implementing System Control
- Multi-Rate Systems
- Lab 5: Designing a MAC-based FIR
- Filter Design
- Lab 6: Designing a FIR Filter Using the FIR Compiler Block
- System Generator, Vivado Design Suite, and Vitis HLS Integration
- Lab 7: System Generator and Vivado IDE Integration
- DSP Platforms
- Lab 8: System Generator and Vitis HLS Tool Integration
- Lab 9: AXI-4 Lite Interface Synthesis
- Introduction to Model Composer
- Demo: Introduction to Model Composer
- [OPTIONAL]: Importing C/C++ Code to Model Composer
- [OPTIONAL]: Automatic Code Generation Using Model Composer
- [OPTIONAL]: Lab 10: Model Composer and Vivado IDE Integration
- Lab 1: Using the Simulink Software - Learn how to use Simulink toolbox blocks and design a system. Understand the effect sampling rate.
- Lab 2: Getting Started with Xilinx System Generator – Illustrates a DSP48-based design. Perform hardware co-simulation verification targeting a Xilinx evaluation board.
- Lab 3: Signal Routing - Design padding and unpadding logic by using signal routing blocks.
- Lab 4: Implementing System Control - Design an address generator circuit by using blocks and Mcode.
- Lab 5: Designing a MAC-based FIR - Using a bottom-up approach, design a MAC-based bandpass FIR filter and verify through hardware co-simulation by using a Xilinx evaluation board.
- Lab 6: Designing a FIR Filter Using the FIR Compiler Block or DAFIR Block - Design a bandpass FIR filter by using the FIR Compiler block to demonstrate increased productivity. Verify the design through hardware co-simulation by using a Xilinx evaluation board.
- Lab 7: System Generator and Vivado IDE Integration - Embed System Generator models into the Vivado IDE.
- Lab 8: System Generator and Vitis HLS Tool Integration - Generate IP from a C-based design to use with System Generator.
- Lab 9: AXI4-Lite Interface Synthesis - Package a System Generator for DSP design with an AXI4-Lite interface and integrate this packaged IP into a Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC processor system. Then create and debug the application project using the Vitis IDE.
- Lab 10: Model Composer and Vivado IDE Integration - Embed a Model Composer model into the Vivado IDE.