Introduction to C++ training course for engineers who use C++ for design, modeling, or verification purposes.
SystemC is a sophisticated modern language that exploits the very latest in Object Oriented Programming in the C++ language. This means that SystemC courses developed by WHDL have a very serious prerequisite of adequate C++ knowledge. C++ courses by WHDL are intended to introduce (or refresh) engineers who will be using C++ for design, modeling or verification purposes such as using the SystemC class library or the SystemC Verification library. This course is offered in 1-day and 2-day versions to meet the needs of students with different levels of C++ skill. The following syllabus is for the 2-day C++ course, but indicates the kind of knowledge needed prior to taking a SystemC course.
Release dateJune 29, 2016
Training duration1 or 2 days
PriceUSD 1600 or 16 Training Credits
Course Part NumberHDT-INTROC-100
Who Should Attend?Engineers planning to use SystemC who are unfamiliar or rusty with the C++ language.
- Programming experience in C, Verilog, or VHDL is recommended.
- Questa Simulator 10.4c
Skills gainedAfter completing this comprehensive training, you will have the necessary skills to:
- Describe inheritance, encapsulation, and other standard Object-Oriented programming methodologies
- Explain memory management and pointer indirection
- Use C++ I/O abstractions
- Use generic programming techniques with C++ templates
- Describe and use productive data structures from the C++ STL library
- Use C++ to develop a SystemC model
- Getting Started
- Preprocessor and Libraries
- Program Structure
- Basic Language Elements
- More Data Types
- Pointers and References
- Classes - Modeling "objects"
- Function overloading
- Initialization and cleanup
- Operator Overloading
- Template specialization
- Useful utilities in the Standard Template Library [STL] and exercise
Please download the respective PDF of your course: *
* The course version can be found in the training registration form