Hardent’s VESA DSC (VESA Display Stream Compression) IP portfolio offers customers ready-made solutions to accelerate product development.
As consumer demand for ultra-high-definition display products has grown, designers are faced with many system design challenges associated with handling increased video throughput. The VESA DSC standard offers a compelling solution for enhancing display resolution up to 8K for a number of applications without having to compromise on display quality, battery life, or cost.
VESA Display Stream Compression Highlights
- Visually lossless picture quality for all types of content: photos, videos, text, graphics, and test patterns
- Increases data transport capacity by up to 3X
- Compatible with major transport standards including MIPI DSI, DisplayPort 1.4, and HDMI 2.1
- Ultra-low latency performance
- Scalable display resolution, frame rate, and colour depth up to 8K @ 120Hz with HDR
- Reduces power consumption, system costs, and EMI
VESA Display Stream Compression Use Cases
VESA DSC was originally used by smartphone and tablet manufacturers, but as the display industry has evolved, more and more applications are now using video compression.
Whether it be the challenge of dealing with faster frame rates for AR/VR applications, or the simultaneous transport of multiple video sources for in-car video systems, DSC compression can be used to support higher resolution displays across a range of applications.