Hardent’s VESA Display Stream Compression (DSC) IP portfolio offers customers ready-made solutions to accelerate product development and meet demanding time-to-market schedules. Developed by our team of experienced FPGA and ASIC designers, our IP products have undergone extensive verification and offer proven interoperability and compatibility.
As consumer demand for ultra-high-definition display products grows, designers are faced with many system design challenges associated with handling increased video throughput. The VESA Display Stream Compression (DSC) standard offers a compelling solution for enhancing display resolution up to 8K for a number of applications without having to compromise on display quality, battery life, or cost.
Why Use VESA DSC?
- Visually lossless picture quality for all types of content
- Increases data transport capacity by up to 3X
- Compatible with major transport standards including MIPI DSI and DisplayPort 1.4
- Ultra-low latency performance
- Scalable display resolution, frame rate, and colour depth – up to 8K @ 120Hz with HDR
- Reduces power consumption, system costs, and EMI