Learn to manage design performance, plan an I/O pin layout, and implement by using the PlanAhead software tool. Topics include: a tool overview, running a Design Rule Check (DRC) and Simultaneous Switching Noise (SSN) analysis of pin assignments, design and timing analysis, creating cores, and completing synthesis and implementation with the PlanAhead tool. Note: The hands-on labs provided within this course are identical to the tutorials that are packaged with the PlanAhead tool. This course is supplemented with instructor-led presentations and demos.
Release dateMay 2012
Training duration1 day
PriceUSD 700 or 7 Training Credits
Course Part NumberFPGA12000
Who Should Attend?FPGA designers, system architects, and system engineers who are interested in analyzing and driving the physical implementation of their designs to maximize performance and capacity.
- Essentials of FPGA Design or equivalent knowledge of the FPGA architecture and the Xilinx ISE software flow
- Designing for Performance recommended
- Xilinx ISE Design Suite: Logic or System Edition 14.1
- Architecture: 7 series FPGAs
- Demo board: None
Skills gainedAfter completing this comprehensive training, you will have the necessary skills to:
- Use the PlanAhead software features and benefits
- Import designs into the PlanAhead software project environment
- Assign I/O pins for optimum speed
- Run the Design Rule Checker (DRC) and perform noise analysis
- Import HDL sources and elaborate and analyze RTL netlists
- Implement the design with different implementation strategies
- Instantiate a core from the Xilinx IP Catalog
- Take advantage of the ISim simulator
- Use the PlanAhead software integrated with the ISE Project Navigator software environment
- PlanAhead Software Benefits and Features Overview
- PlanAhead Software Project Manager
- Lab 1: Getting Started with the PlanAhead Software
- I/O Pin Planning
- Lab 2: Assigning I/O Pins
- CORE Generator Software Integration
- Lab 3: Core Integration
- Static Timing Analysis with the PlanAhead Software
- Project Navigator Integration
- Introduction to the Advanced Design with the PlanAhead Analysis and Design Tool Course
- Lab 1: Getting Started with the PlanAhead Tool - Illustrates the steps you take to import an RTL design into the PlanAhead software so that you can synthesize, implement, perform timing analysis, view logical and device resources, and generate a bitstream. Also introduces the PlanAhead software's environment and views.
- Lab 2: Assigning I/O Pins - Introduces the PlanAhead software 's pin planning environment for performing I/O pin assignment. You will create a pin planning project, import and export I/O ports lists, create I/O ports and interfaces, run a DRC and SSN noise analysis, examine clock logic placement, and make pin assignments.
- Lab 3: CORE Generator Tool Integration - Illustrates the integration of the CORE Generator software with the PlanAhead software. You will customize and integrate a core, explore the IP Catalog, and view the generated core with the Schematic viewer.
Please download the respective PDF of your course: *
* The course version can be found in the training registration form